Setup and operate CNC equipment including metal spinning lathe. Operator will mount and check tooling, monitor the process, complete required measurements, tear down and clean machine between part cha...
Church Metal Spinning in Milwaukee has an opportunity for a Production Operator
Operate equipment including metal spinning lathe, seam welder or 5-axis laser. Operator may also do some cleaning and packaging of parts and de-nesting depending on work load. Operator will load/unload parts from equipment, check cosmetic features of parts. While previous experience in measuring metal parts would be a plus, Operator will be trained to use multiple measuring devices including tape measure, caliper, height gage and circumference tape.
Job requires medium physical and mental effort. Must have the capability to stand for long periods and handle parts weighing up to 35 pounds. Must have good mechanical aptitude and good math skills. Some experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Church Metal Spinning in Milwaukee has an opportunity for a Production Operator Operate equipment including metal spinning lathe, seam welder or 5-axis laser. Operator may also do some cleaning and ...
Church Metal Spinning in Milwaukee has an opportunity for a Laser OperatorJob Responsibilities The Laser Operator will manage laser operations including setting up and operating laser, loading and unloading material, and running the required production programs. Experience with both CO2 and Fiber lasers preferred.
- Material handling with fork lift - must be proficient with experience. Load automated material handling tower.
- Read part drawings, blueprints, and work instructions to ensure parts are cut to customer specifications.
- Monitor cut conditions, speeds and feeds to ensure quality cut, and optimal machine operation
- Measure and inspect dimensions of in-process and finished product using precision measuring instruments to ensure conformance to specifications for quality.
- Resolve quality and mechanical problems, making minor equipment adjustments as needed.
- Inspect and maintain workplace and equipment for compliance with safety requirements.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a daily and weekly basis.
- Set up future jobs on other lasers while machines are operating and cutting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum 2+ years’ work experience in manufacturing environment.
- Excellent material handling skills.
- Ability to problem solve, multitask, and work independently.
- Ability to read blueprints, proficient math and computer skills.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Referral program
- Health savings account
- Bonus pay
Church Metal Spinning in Milwaukee has an opportunity for a Laser Operator Job Responsibilities The Laser Operator will manage laser operations including setting up and operating laser, loading and un...
Church Metal Spinning in Milwaukee has an opportunity for a Production Coordinator.This role of Production Coordinator will supervise employees and operations to manufacture product while optimizing safety, quality, teamwork, productivity, costs, and customer service. The Production Manager will ensure all environmental and safety policies and programs are upheld. This role will lead daily manufacturing operations designed to meet production schedules, customer demand, equipment efficiency, materials flow, while meeting quality requirements with an effective manufacturing process. The Production Manager will foster Church Metal’s Core values among employees: build and maintain strong relationships, provide quality solutions, integrity, teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven plus years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Three plus years’ supervisory/leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated abilities in delegation, communications, problem solving, and decision making.
- Demonstrated experience in Continuous Improvement techniques, and project management.
- Experience with accident prevention and elimination.
- Demonstrated experience in fostering a culture of teamwork including cross functional teams to, coach, motivate, lead and develop direct reports.
- Proficient in the basic features of Microsoft Office software products.
- Experience with actively using an MRP system for planning and information gathering
- Certification in Continuous Improvement activity.
- Experience working with steel or steel products in a manufacturing setting
- Experience in an organization with ISO 9001:2015/Quality System Requirements
- Foster a culture of trust, teamwork, responsibility, high expectations and open communications to ensure a safe and positive working environment.
- Provide operational leadership to Team Leaders and work force.
- Work with Team Leaders to smooth the production process and meet deadlines. Also, to identify process improvements that will drive improvement in safety, manufacturing effectiveness and reduced costs.
- Track and maintain data for asset utilization and operational effectiveness – review performance results with team including actions for improvement.
- Partner with Human Resources to complete production employee assessments for use in reviews and targeted career paths.
- Administer policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Document nonconformance as they occur and participate in investigation and problem solving.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SUPERVISION:
- Supervise Team Leaders and Production Team members across full shifts - Monday thru Friday (5am to midnight)
- Reports to: Production Manager – with the short term of goal of transitioning into the Production Manager position – then reporting to the President
- Primary internal customers: Sales, Quality, Maintenance, Production Planning
- Maximizing capacity utilization
- Responding to changing customer requirements.
- Maintaining high safety and quality standards against productivity demands.
- Carrying through with proactive programs to improve asset utilization and maintain effectiveness.
Church Metal Spinning in Milwaukee has an opportunity for a Production Coordinator. This role of Production Coordinator will supervise employees and operations to manufacture product while optimizing ...